Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!



 Each Christmas I set aside one day to bake.  This is a day that I can focus on something that I love to do and put aside all of the aggravations of every day life.   It also guarantees that I will not be covered in poop like other days on the farm.  I promise I changed these clothes before I started baking.  (Notice the subtle cow manure pinstripe on this outfit.)

Today, I am still in my running pants, a sweatshirt, and my hair in a ponytail; while Sarah Katherine is watching Toy Story 3 and tasting whatever I make her eat. 


I am going to go ahead and apologize to any neighbors or extended family for their gifts not being fat free. It is bad when you leave the grocery store with 5 boxes of butter, 2 bags of flour, 3 bags of sugar, 3 bags of chocolate chips, vanilla, and baking chocolate. 
Here is my holiday treat menu:

*PW's Cinnamon Rolls (these are so wonderful!)


I am very loyal to the "The Pioneer Woman" because everything that I make of hers is always FABULOUS!(just ask my husband about Marlboro Man Sandwiches-nothing to do with cigarettes) Today, I had felt like I was cheating on the Pioneer Woman because I found the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE recipe ever! Granted, it was her fault because I followed her link to "Where Women Cook" Magazine and found the link to this recipe.  Here are these beautiful creations:
 The secret to these cookies is the vanilla sugar, but since I don't live near a gourmet super market, I made vanilla sugar the night before. Just take 2 cups of sugar and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix them together and then put on a baking sheet and let it sit for 5 hours. (I let mine sit out overnight). 
 It was a good thing that I was giving these away for the holidays because I could have eaten them all at one sitting, along with the dough!
Go and make these for your closest friends and family or just for yourself. These cookies make about 4 dozen cookies. 

2 comments:

  1. We are coming to visit! Myself and a group of friends will accept your blog invitation to stop by for a tour. We heard through the facebook grapevine that you even processed your own chickens! We are so glad that someone in our upstate region has finally put forth the effort and finances required to create a first rate establishment. We would like to join your CSA, but would like to make sure that everything meets our specifications first. We look forward to touring your farm, inspecting your poultry processing room, and viewing your storage and packaging facilities. We will see you as early as next week.
    Go Green Upstate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! We always welcome visitors to the farm and we will be more than happy to schedule a tour. Please e-mail us at clearcreekfarmsc@gmail.com to set something up. Everything is pretty soggy, so wear a pair of boots and be ready to walk! We look forward to meeting you.

    David and Danielle

    ReplyDelete