Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Keeping Warm for Winter


There is nothing better on a cold night then sitting in front of the fire and having a good drink to warm you up.  We have a wood stove that we use to warm our house instead of the central heat.  In order to do this, we have to put up a lot of wood, and I mean A LOT of wood!

I have to say that I don't help much with cutting wood, but I can sure burn through it pretty quickly.  My husband, bless his heart, goes around the farm throughout the year and gathers trees that have fallen and that can no longer be of use.  The only thing that I do is buy him presents like a wood splitter and saw to help with this chore (I can equate it to receiving a washing machine to improve laundry~I would love one by the way !)He then cuts it up and we store it here in this shed to use when it starts to get cold.


 Here is all of the wood that we cut up so far for us to keep warm this winter. Hopefully, we can make it last until about March, but there will probably more that will be cut up by my wonderful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment