Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Clear Creek Farm Supply

I truly believe everyone should shop locally.  Large department stores are choking out the little man.  I don’t understand why people will drive past local hardware and small mom and pop stores to save a nickel on a product only to spend more on fuel!  The number one way to decrease your carbon footprint is to decrease the amount of fossil fuels you use.  So, that means we all should make an effort to drive less and this means shopping in our own communitites.  Whew!  Let me climb down off that soapbox and let you know about our latest venture.  

Burt, one of our faithful customers, discussing the "news" of the town and farming


The country life is a wonderful life.  We love the peace and solitude, but it does come with a price.  I remember when my new bride from a suburb of Atlanta asked me to run to the store and get a gallon of milk.  I laughed as I told her that a gallon of milk would cost us about eleven dollars.  She asked me what kind of milk costs eleven dollars and I told her the kind that you have to drive 20 miles each way to go get. 
    




This is a reality of living in the country.  You can never just “run to town”.  This is the same with farm supplies.  If you ran out of something you had to take off to town.  This is why we decided to open a farm supply store here in town.  

It has gone well so far and really helped our bottom line with all of the farm supplies.  Our manager, Zach, is friendly and helpful.  The store is rustic and reminds me of the old store my father used to take me to when I was a kid.  

Feel free to come on over to Calhoun Falls, visit the farm and the store!  Be sure to ask Zach for a bottled coke and you can even hang out for a game of checkers when you get your feed!  We all need to slow down occasionally for a coke and a game of checkers.


No comments:

Post a Comment