Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Building Fences

We worked on finishing up the fencing for the hog pasture today and our little girl was there every step of the way. She loves to be outside and “working” with her daddy.  






Over the past couple of weeks, David went ahead and cemented the posts into the ground and then we ran one and a half strands of high tensile wire around the pasture before Sarah Katherine had enough of building fence. 
I was determined to help out with the fencing, so I went and picked up a roll of high tensile wire by myself at a friend’s barn on Tuesday, and WOW-those things are heavy! I did it though after almost having a hernia and put the last strand of high tensile wire around the pasture.  
Since today was the first day that we had off together, we put t-post in the ground. The city girl that I am decided to drive post with the post driver and ended up with blisters on my hands, which proved to me that I needed to work outside more to toughen up my hands (or give me an excuse to go get a manicure since my hands were so rough!). We didn’t quite finish the fencing, but I was able to get some great pictures of a father and daughter building fences!







No comments:

Post a Comment