Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

This little piggy went to . . . . Clear Creek Farm Part 2

I almost rolled out of my chair laughing at supper as my wife told of her swine odyssey!  I have read part one of her story and unless your computer has an odor feature that would have allowed you to smell how bad she stunk then i think it is tough to get a solid idea of how bad it was.  After several minutes of laughing I realized that she was not laughing with me and I stopped and asked her if she wanted to try again.  She said she wanted to give me a chance to have some fun.  So, I found a sucker.....I mean a friend to ride down to Augusta.  We took our cattle trailer and some muck boots and figured we were good to go.


Danielle had told me how bad it was, but we often differ on our opinions of levels of "bad".   I think that  food in the fridge is bad if it has something growing on it while she really values the opinion an expiration date provides.  Let me tell you, it was BAD!  Pig poop is nuclear so the odor was terrible.  We backed the trailer up to their barn and I asked the lady who met us why they were selling out.  She said that she had no idea how hot it got here in the South.  It was only June!  She would have melted in August!  She said that they got several cows, a horse, goats and pigs and then started work on their fences and figured they could keep them in the barn till they got them finished.  When she opened the barn doors I saw a sea of mud.  All of the other animals were gone and two pigs ran to the corner when they saw the light.

We waded over and after a few minutes of chasing them around I grabbed a leg and we carried one to the trailer and put him in the first cut. The second one proved to be a little more challenging, but my buddy was finally able to catch a leg and they were both bound for their new home.  After calling Danielle to tell her "mission accomplished"  she said that she had found another spot sow about fifteen minutes away from us.  This was a very nice farm with almost every animal known to man!  Noah would have to only make one stop and wait for the rain.  We saw our sow in the middle of the horse pasture and as soon as she saw a bag of feed she ran our way.  After several attempts she loaded herself on the trailer.  We both looked at each other and could not believe that just happened.  We hopped in the truck and headed to the house.  I had to get something to drink and we stopped at a convenience store.  Customers slowly shuffled away from us and the guy behind the counter said, "You boys smell like pig @#$%!"  Told you that stuff was nuclear!

No comments:

Post a Comment